Sunday, September 24, 2006

Paintings in my mind


After wasting my weekend with 100% laziness, today after noon, I had an awesome Lunch with Aavoli Curry, Mooru curry (Weird combination aha, but I like this toomuch), Vendakka thoran & Cabbage Thoran, made by my mom. After my lunch, was watching “Salaam Namste” for some it. After sometime it got bored and I went to my room to get a quick nap. I switched on the music. I happened to hear an old song, called “I’ll be your everything”, by Tommy page.

Suddenly my memories went way long back . I remember the day, when I first heard this song. It should have been some where in the early 90’s. On a fine Saturday, when I went to my uncle’s house. I saw this filter applied, cassette cover, with a handsome guy. The cover had the name Tommy Page and the album name “Paintings in my mind”. With my uncle’s permission, I took that cassette to my home. I was really impressed by the song “You are my everything” & “Paintings in my mind”. After sometime, I lost that cassette, and had been longing to hear that since then. As this person was not a famous performer, it was hard to get his cassettes/CD in Trivandrum. This particular song was in the Billboard hits chart during the 1990’s. I think he is now the VP of some recording company.

A few years back, while working for TeN, I got a borrowed CD, which had this beautiful song. And now after more than a decade, I had thus wonderful Sunday afternoon hearing again the beautiful lines,

So long that I've waited for a girl
To come into my life and in my world
. . .
I’ll be your everything, your everything…

No comments: